Bronx Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Leading Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Fight To Protect The Rights Of Workers Injured On The Job In The Bronx, NY
Whether you were injured in a work accident or developed a long-term occupational disease because of conditions at work, you are likely entitled to New York workers’ compensation benefits. To receive benefits, you must file a formal workers’ compensation claim. If you’re lucky, the process is simple and you receive your benefit checks regularly. If not, you might face issues that include:
- Claim denials because of procedural, timing or paperwork errors,
- Questions about whether your injury or illness was work-related,
- Challenges about the timeliness of your medical treatment…and more.
At Proner & Proner, our personal injury lawyers fight hard to get every penny of workers’ compensation that you deserve. For over 50 years, we have protected the rights of those injured in work accidents in the Bronx and throughout NYC. With over $400 million recovered for satisfied clients, you can rest assured that you will be working with the best with our team in your corner.
Suffering From A Work Accident Or Poor Working Conditions And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
Whether you’re already having problems getting fair workers’ compensation benefits or you just want to make sure you get your claim right from the start, we’re here to help. To schedule your free, no obligation case review, call our office or contact us online today.
Protecting Your Right To Workers’ Compensation Benefits In The Bronx
Practically, right after your accident, you should:
Even if you think your case is cut and dry, some employers go to great lengths to challenge workers’ right to benefits. Having a strong lawyer on your side can make the process go much more smoothly so you can focus on your physical recovery.
What Our Clients Say
Here are some of our clients’ testimonial videos
How much can a New York City personal injury lawyer help me recover?
- Medical expenses, including co-pays and deductibles,
- About 2/3 of your lost wages,
- Potential permanent disability benefits,
- Partial benefits if you are able to perform light duty work or earn wages that are less than you earned before the injury or illness.
- Construction accidents,
- Scaffolding or ladder fall accidents,
- Electrocution or electric shock accidents,
- Slip and fall accidents at work,
- Repetitive stress injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome or back injuries,
- Damage to your vision or hearing caused by work conditions,
- Car accidents while on the job,
- Accidents caused by heavy machinery, including crane accidents, forklift accidents and more.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bronx, NY Workers’ Compensation Claims
In our initial consultation, we will focus on listening to what happened in your case. Timeline information, such as when your injury took place when you reported the injury and when you received medical care are all important. Also, try to gather and bring:
– Your medical records,
– The accident or injury report, if one exists,
– Any photos of your injuries or records you have kept about your condition since the injury took place,
– Any photos of your work area or accident scene,
– Any communications you have received from the workers’ compensation insurance company, board or your employer about the injury,
If you had a pre-existing condition, bring records relevant to that prior injury or illness.
The workers’ compensation insurance companies can be very specific about which doctors are authorized to treat patients who are receiving benefits. You can see your doctor for a second opinion, but to protect your right to workers’ compensation, you should make sure that your primary treating physician for the work injury comes from the approved list.
Yes. If a third party was involved in causing your accident, we can file a lawsuit for additional benefits—such as pain and suffering and your full lost wages. You can still get workers’ compensation, you just cannot recover for the same damages twice.
Contact Our Bronx Workers’ Compensation Lawyers For A Free, No-Obligation Case Review Today
You don’t have to handle the workers’ compensation alone. In fact, some injuries make it difficult to even file a claim.
At Proner & Proner, our Bronx workers’ compensation lawyers review your case for free and you’re under no obligation to hire us, so you have nothing to lose by asking for our opinion. To tell us what happened, you can call our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—or you can simply fill out this online form.
About The Bronx, NY
The Bronx is one of the boroughs of New York City, perhaps made most famous in recent years for being home to Yankee Stadium. However, the Bronx is a diverse and growing area—with a population of about 1,432,132 residents in 2018. Even given this dense population, about a quarter of the Bronx remains open space. This space provides room for many popular attractions that add to the community, including the Bronx Zoo, New York Botanical Garden, Pelham Bay Park and others.