Meet Our Team
If you or someone you love has been wronged or has suffered an accident, the team of experienced attorneys and staff at Proner & Proner are here to help you. Call 212-500-1003 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.
Mitchell Proner is the second-generation managing partner of Proner & Proner
Mitchell Proner is a nationally renowned personal injury attorney and trial lawyer. He fights for injured accident victims across the United States and worldwide. Through skilled, forceful representation, he has recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for his clients.
A passionate motorcycle rider for over 25 years, he owns and rides a 2018 Harley-Davidson Road Glide and a 1993 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. Mitchell is active in the motorcycle community and fiercely advocates for riders’ rights.
Mitchell Proner is based in New York City and lives in Manhattan with his two sons and wife of twenty years.
Lawyers Who Understand
Mitchell Proner and his team know what accident victims are going through – because Mitchell himself was one.
In 1990, Mitchell was hit by a taxi that ran a red light while riding his ’88 Sportster. In the crash, Mitchell broke his wrist, ankle, and multiple bones in his back. Following several operations and hospital stays after the accident, he was riding again and continues to ride today. In fact, since the accident, Mitchell has covered over 120,000 miles on his bike.
Legal Experience And Accolades
Mitchell Proner has been recognized as one of the most talented and experienced trial advocates in the country
He has represented clients in over 30 jurisdictions across five continents. He has lectured to Bar Associations and attorney groups in the U.S., Canada, and Europe on representing accident victims.
Within the legal community, Mitchell Proner has held important positions and received many prestigious honors:
- Elected President of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- Lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, American Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-present.
- Nominated by his peers as “Super Lawyer,” 2008-2014.
- Rated “AV,” the highest-possible peer review rating, for his ethics and skill in advocacy by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Director Emeritus (lifetime member) of the New York State Trial Association.
- Chairman of the Motorcycle Negligence Litigation Group of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, an organization of over 60,000 trial lawyers.
- Chair of numerous prestigious legal committees and organizations.
- Lecturer and faculty member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute.
Mitchell Proner is admitted to practice law in Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Michigan. He is fluent in both Spanish and Italian.
Ms.Tobi Salottolo has been a senior attorney at Proner & Proner for over 30 years
Ms. Salottolo joined Proner & Proner upon graduating from Fordham Law School in 1978. She has successfully written and argued summary judgment motions. Unlike many personal injury firms, Proner & Proner does all its Appellate Court work because we are confident that no one will work harder to get justice for our clients than we are. She is a member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. The following is a sample of some of Ms. Salottolo’s notable results:
- Hernandez v. Vavra, 13 N.Y.3d 714 (lst Dep’. 2009) (Affirmed Jury Verdict of $2,750,000.00)
- Abreu v. Rodriguez, 195 A.D.3d 1277 (3rd Dep’t. 2021) (Affirmed summary judgment in favor of plaintiff against homeowner in a “failure to provide a safe place to work” case)
- Roblero v. Bais Ruchel High Sch., Inc., 175 A.D.3d 1466 (2nd Dep’t 2019) Affirmed summary judgment in favor of the plaintiff on Labor Law § 240 (1) claim and denial of defendant’s motion for summary judgment on Labor Law § 200 claims)
- Charles v. Broad St. Dev., LLC, 85 A.D.3d 814 (2nd Dep’t. 2012) (Reversed jury verdict because the trial court erroneously gave a “special employee” charge).
Tobi Salottolo is admitted to practice law in Connecticut and New York.
Members Of The Motorcycle Community
Mitchell Proner understands the bias that police, insurance companies, and the public hold against riders. He works to overcome that bias—in court if necessary—and get injured motorcyclists the best possible recovery.
Mitchell fights for riders’ constitutional rights. He has defended members of the Outlaws Motorcycle Club and other bikers arrested while exercising their First Amendment rights, and he has lobbied for changes to laws that affect motorcyclists. He supports, and holds positions in, many organizations for riders:
- Attorney Chairman of the National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM), an organization of over 800 U.S. and Canadian motorcyclist groups.
- Recipient of NCOM’s prestigious “Silver Spoke” Award in recognition of his legal work improving the image of motorcycling.
- Member, American Bikers Aimed Toward Education (ABATE) of New York.
- Member, Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA).
- Legal Advisor, Connecticut Motorcycle Club Coalition.
In 2011, Mitchell Proner formed The Proner Kids Foundation, a non-profit corporation that provides cash gifts to children who have lost parents in motorcycle accidents, regardless of fault. Any members of the riding community are welcome to inquire for funding on behalf of any child who has lost a parent in a motorcycle accident.
Even though the firm has successfully represented clients from five continents and over 30 jurisdictions, Proner & Proner serves New York personal injury clients in all five boroughs from our office in Midtown Manhattan.