MEET Mitchell Proner
New York City Personal Injury Lawyer
Mitchell Proner is a nationally renowned personal injury attorney and trial lawyer. He fights for injured accident victims across the United States and around the world. Through skilled, forceful representation, he has recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for his clients.
A passionate motorcycle rider for over 25 years, he currently owns and rides a 2018 Harley-Davidson Road Glide and a 1993 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail. Mitchell is active in the motorcycle community and is a fierce advocate for motorcycle riders’ rights.
Mitchell Proner is based in New York City, and he lives in Manhattan with his two sons and wife of twenty years.
A Lawyer Who Understands
Mitchell Proner knows what accident victims are going through – because he was one.
In 1990, Mitchell was hit by a taxi that ran a red light while riding his ’88 Sportster. In the crash, Mitchell broke his wrist, ankle, and multiple bones in his back. Following several operations and hospital stays after the accident, he was riding again, and he continues to ride today. In fact, since the accident, Mitchell has covered over 120,000 miles on his bike.
Legal Experience And Accolades
Mitchell Proner has been recognized as one of the most talented and experienced trial advocates in the country. He has represented clients in over 30 jurisdictions across five continents. He has lectured to Bar Associations and attorney groups in the U.S., Canada, and Europe on how to represent accident victims.
Within the legal community, Mitchell Proner has held important positions and received many prestigious honors:
- Elected President of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- Lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, American Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-present.
- Nominated by his peers as “Super Lawyer,” 2008-2014.
- Rated “AV,” the highest-possible peer review rating, for his ethics and skill in advocacy by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Director Emeritus (lifetime member) of the New York State Trial Association.
- Chairman of the Motorcycle Negligence Litigation Group of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, an organization of over 60,000 trial lawyers.
- Chair of numerous prestigious legal committees and organizations.
- Lecturer and faculty member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute.
Mitchell Proner is admitted to practice law in the states of Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Michigan. He is fluent in both Spanish and Italian.
A Member Of The Motorcycle Community
Mitchell Proner understands the bias that police, insurance companies, and the public hold against riders. He works to overcome that bias—in court if necessary—and get injured motorcyclists the best possible recovery.
Mitchell fights for riders’ constitutional rights. He has defended members of the Outlaws Motorcycle Club and other bikers arrested while exercising their First Amendment rights, and he has lobbied for changes to laws that affect motorcyclists. He supports, and holds positions in, many organizations for riders:
- Attorney Chairman of the National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM), an organization of over 800 U.S. and Canadian motorcyclist groups.
- Recipient of NCOM’s prestigious “Silver Spoke” Award in recognition of his legal work improving the image of motorcycling.
- Member, American Bikers Aimed Toward Education (ABATE) of New York.
- Member, Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association (CMRA).
- Legal Advisor, Connecticut Motorcycle Club Coalition.
In The Press
Mitchell Proner has appeared as a legal analyst on CNN, and he has also appeared on CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, WPIX, Channel 5 News, Channel 9 News, Channel 11 News, European television, and South American networks and radio, including the BBC and RAI International.
He has been quoted in USA Today, the New York Times, the New York Post, Daily News, Newsday, the Albany Times, and the Miami Herald, as well as newspapers throughout Europe, South America, and Asia.
In 2011, Mitchell Proner formed The Proner Kids Foundation, a non-profit corporation that provides cash gifts to children who have lost parents in motorcycle accidents, regardless of fault. Any members of the riding community are welcome to inquire for funding on behalf of any child who has lost a parent in a motorcycle accident.
Mitchell is a member of ABATE, American Bikers Aimed Toward Education, a motorcycle rights organization. Through ABATE, Mitchell awards an annual $1,000 scholarship to a college student who has shown dedication to the motorcycle rights movement. The recipient is selected by the board of ABATE of New York.
Contact Attorney Mitchell Proner
If you or someone you love has been wronged or has suffered an accident, Mitchell Proner may be able to help you.