Get your free case evaluation
Have legal questions? Contact Us Today!
Contact Proner & Proner
Whether you were injured in a work accident or developed a long-term occupational disease because of conditions at work, you are likely entitled to New York workers’ compensation benefits. To receive benefits, you must file a formal workers’ compensation claim. If you’re lucky, the process is simple and you receive your benefit checks regularly. If not, you might face issues that include:
At Proner & Proner, our workers’ compensation lawyers fight hard to get every penny of workers’ compensation that you deserve. For over 50 years, we have protected the rights of those injured in work accidents in the Bronx and throughout NYC. With over $400 million recovered for satisfied clients, you can rest assured that you will be working with the best with our team in your corner.
Suffering From A Work Accident Or Poor Working Conditions And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
Whether you’re already having problems getting fair workers’ compensation benefits or you just want to make sure you get your claim right from the start, we’re here to help. To schedule your free, no obligation case review, call our office or contact us online today.
Before you can receive workers’ compensation benefits in the Bronx, there are several steps you should take to protect your rights. Workers’ compensation benefits are governed by a detailed set of rules and procedures that must be followed. Our lawyers take care of everything. We can also evaluate whether you might have a valid lawsuit against a third party who was responsible for your accident.
Practically, right after your accident, you should:
Even if you think your case is cut and dry, some employers go to great lengths to challenge workers’ right to benefits. Having a strong lawyer on your side can make the process go much more smoothly so you can focus on your physical recovery.
At Proner & Proner, our Bronx workers’ compensation lawyers realize how much of a setback a work injury is—whether you can’t work at all or can’t earn what you did before the injury, workers’ compensation benefits are designed to make up the difference. Your benefits package should include:
The type of work injury involved is largely irrelevant—as long as you were injured because of conditions at work, and you were an employee at the time, the workers’ compensation system should provide benefits. Some examples of claims we handle include:
You don’t have to handle the workers’ compensation alone. In fact, some injuries make it difficult to even file a claim.
At Proner & Proner, our Bronx workers’ compensation lawyers review your case for free and you’re under no obligation to hire us, so you have nothing to lose by asking for our opinion. To tell us what happened, you can call our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—or you can simply fill out this online form.
The Bronx is one of the boroughs of New York City, perhaps made most famous in recent years for being home to Yankee Stadium. However, the Bronx is a diverse and growing area—with a population of about 1,432,132 residents in 2018. Even given this dense population, about a quarter of the Bronx remains open space. This space provides room for many popular attractions that add to the community, including the Bronx Zoo, New York Botanical Garden, Pelham Bay Park and others.
In our initial consultation, we will focus on listening to what happened in your case. Timeline information, such as when your injury took place when you reported the injury and when you received medical care are all important. Also, try to gather and bring:
– Your medical records,
– The accident or injury report, if one exists,
– Any photos of your injuries or records you have kept about your condition since the injury took place,
– Any photos of your work area or accident scene,
– Any communications you have received from the workers’ compensation insurance company, board or your employer about the injury,
If you had a pre-existing condition, bring records relevant to that prior injury or illness.
The workers’ compensation insurance companies can be very specific about which doctors are authorized to treat patients who are receiving benefits. You can see your doctor for a second opinion, but to protect your right to workers’ compensation, you should make sure that your primary treating physician for the work injury comes from the approved list.
Yes. If a third party was involved in causing your accident, we can file a lawsuit for additional benefits—such as pain and suffering and your full lost wages. You can still get workers’ compensation, you just cannot recover for the same damages twice.
View our other pages for more detailed information:
1. Compensation for Work Accident in the Bronx, NY
2. Accident and Labor Lawyers in Queens, NY
3. How Long Is a Workers’ Compensation Case in Bronx, New York?
4. How Much Can I Receive for a Work-Related Accident in Bronx, NY?
5. How Much Is My Bronx Workers’ Compensation Case Worth?
6. Injured at Work Lawyer in Bronx, NY
7. Labor Accident Lawyers in the Bronx, New York
8. Labor Law Accidents Lawyers in Bronx, NY
9. Labor Law Lawyers in the Bronx, NY
10. Occupational Injury Lawyer in Bronx, NY
11. What Is the End in a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Bronx, NY?
12. Work Accident Lawyers Near Me in Bronx, New York
13. Work Injury Lawyer in Bronx, NY
14. Work Injury Lawyer Near Me in Bronx, NY
15. Work Compensation Cases in Bronx, New York
16. Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Bronx, NY
17. Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Bronx, NY
18. Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Bronx, New York
19. Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Bronx, NY
20. Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Bronx, New York
21. Workplace Injury Lawyer in Bronx, NY
Road Rage Incident
Mitchell Proner spoke in support of NYC motorcycle riders and called on NY lawmakers and police not to overreact to a highly publicized road rage incident or to let that incident cast all motorcyclists in a bad light.
Hit and Run
Attorney Mitchell Proner was on hand when the motorist accused of hitting a female jogger on a road in Central Islip appeared in a New York courtroom to answer charges of leaving the scene of a fatal accident.
Attorney Mitchell Proner, an expert on maritime law, spoke about the similarities between the Costa Concordia ferry disaster and the recent Indonesian ferry accident that killed at least 24 people.