Among the most dangerous places to work is on a construction site. There are many risks and thus many types of injuries that frequently occur on construction sites.
Construction workers face many risks every day they work. Material or equipment which is poorly maintained or monitored can cause harmful injuries. The constant improvement to NYC area buildings, streets, bridges and such means construction sites remain prevalent throughout the area.
Construction Site Risks
Even though workers are taught to avoid risks and to be careful as they work, there are many risks that occur when there is even brief carelessness. These include:
- Falls from heights that are dangerous
- Crane accidents
- Equipment striking workers
- Equipment for lifting failure
- Electrical shock and burn injuries
- Falls and collisions caused by debris
- Explosions and fire accidents
- Cave ins
- Welding accidents
While we frequently think these dangers are limited to construction workers they can also pose a threat to pedestrians or other non-workers who are nearby or in a construction zone. When this occurs, the construction company or the worker, the contractor or subcontractor could be held responsible for these accidents. On occasion, a manufacturer of poorly designed or made equipment has been held responsible for causing a construction accident. When you are seriously injured and need significant time to recover and likely face large medical costs you have every reason to find a personal injury lawyer to help you. In New York, worker’s compensation limits recoveries and does not include compensation for pain and suffering caused by serious injuries and so identifying the exact party at fault may allow you to recover beyond what is available from workers’ compensation.
Sadly, each year, many victims of construction accidents are killed in New York City. These tragic events, unfortunately, are the result of the ongoing construction work in NYC. If you or someone you love are the victim of a construction site injury, it is imperative that you follow the steps listed below.
- Take photos of the site of the injury or ask someone else to take these photos. Take the photos as quickly as possible so they accurately reflect the conditions at the time of your injury.
- Make a list of all of the witnesses and their contact information. Anyone who is able to assist in identifying the parties responsible for the accident is particularly important and must be included in this list.
- Write down or make a recording of everything you remember about the accident. Do this as soon after the event as possible.
- Call or email a NYC personal injury lawyer with a specialty in construction cases.
Contact an Experienced New York City Personal Injury Attorney About Your Construction Accident Claim in New York
Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries due to a construction accident in New York? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party, or their insurance company, to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at Proner & Proner represent clients injured because of construction accidents in Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, throughout New York and Bethel, Connecticut. Contact us by calling 212-500-1003 or email us to schedule a free consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at 60 E. 42nd Street, Suite 1503, Manhattan as well as offices in The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Bethel, Connecticut.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.