Forklift Accident Attorneys in Queens, NY
Construction Site Injury Lawyers Represent Forklift Accident Victims in New York City
Forklifts are used in many different situations. You can see them at the supermarket, on construction sites, at the train station, at a department or big box store, in a factory or warehouse, and at many other locations. They are relatively small and easy to maneuver, making them very useful for picking up pallets and other loads. Because of their convenience and small size, forklifts are the first choice when moving small to moderate loads in crowded spaces.
Call the New York Construction Accident Lawyers at Proner & Proner for a Free Consultation
Given their popularity, it is not surprising that forklifts cause numerous injuries and even deaths. If you were injured in a forklift accident, it is important to find out about your legal options. If another party’s negligence caused the injuries, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit seeking compensation. To learn whether you are eligible for damages after a construction accident, contact the experienced attorneys at the law firm of Proner & Proner. Schedule a free initial consultation and find out how we can help you.
Causes of Forklift Accidents in NYC
Injuries occur both to workers driving forklifts and those near a forklift. Moreover, these forklift accident injuries can be suffered by members of the public. Forklift accidents happen when:
- A driver operates a forklift in a negligent manner, driving too fast or not picking up the load correctly.
- Workers fail to immobilize a truck trailer that is being loaded or unloaded by a forklift. The trailer could move, or the driver could pull out with the forklift still entering or exiting the trailer.
- An operator fails to conduct an inspection before driving the forklift.
- Employers fail to remove defective equipment that is awaiting repair.
- A manufacturer sells equipment that is defective in design or that is manufactured with defective components that create safety hazards.
- Employers or employees remove safety features that can prevent injury.
- Employers fail to require employees to wear safety gear, such as helmets, that can prevent major injuries.
Examples of Forklift Accidents in NY
An overturning forklift can leave a driver with serious crush injuries, as well as brain and spinal cord injuries. A dropped load due to improper pickup can fall on someone nearby. A forklift can overturn because of careless operation or because of hazards left in its path. Defective or poorly maintained components can prevent a forklift from stopping or turning properly, putting both the driver and those nearby at risk.
Contact Our Experienced Brooklyn Construction Accident Lawyers About Your Forklift Injury
To learn whether you could be eligible to receive compensation after a forklift injury in Manhattan, Queens, or anywhere else in NY’s five boroughs, call the experienced lawyers at Proner & Proner today or fill out the online contact form.
Attorney Mitchell Proner serves clients throughout New York State and Connecticut. He also handles forklift accident cases throughout the U.S.