The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Traveling by motorcycle is inherently risky; in addition to the road hazards that every motorist encounters, motorcyclists must face a number of unique threats to their safety. A motorcyclist is particularly vulnerable to weather conditions, vehicular malfunction, motorist error, and other factors that can contribute to a devastating accident. If you have suffered a personal injury in a motorcycle accident, you need an attorney who is well versed in motorcycle accident law, including the factors that caused the accident.
At Proner & Proner, our motorcycle accident attorneys serve clients throughout the United States, providing expert legal counsel and aggressive representation. We will work diligently to ensure that the appropriate parties are held responsible in our pursuit of compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident can occur for any number of reasons. In addition to the hazards faced by the operator of any motor vehicle, such as unsafe road and weather conditions, other drivers’ actions, and vehicle malfunction, motorcyclists also face many additional hazards, including:
- Motorists’ Actions
- The safety of motorcyclists is often compromised by the careless or reckless actions of truck, automobile, and commercial vehicle drivers. The failure of these motorists to notice motorcycles on the road causes many motorcycle accidents each year.
- Other Motorcyclists’ Actions
- Motorcyclists enjoy unique freedoms on the road, including the ability to share the lane with other motorcyclists and travel between cars to change lanes. However, a motorcyclist’s failure to pay attention to other cyclists on the road can cause a devastating accident.
- Dangerous Road Conditions
- Hazardous road conditions are especially dangerous for motorcyclists, since motorcycles offer no protection in an accident. Inclement weather, slippery roads, gravel, potholes, and other factors can cause a motorcyclist to lose control of the bike, resulting in a devastating single or multiple-vehicle motorcycle accident.
- Defective Motorcycle Products
- Like automobiles, motorcycles must be designed and manufactured well in order to be safe. Defective motorcycle products such as defective handlebars, wheels, tires, and fuel lines can cause devastating injury on the road.
- Unsafe Motorcycle Handling
- Motorcyclists themselves are responsible for handling their bikes in ways that prevent accidents. Speeding, failing to wear a helmet, switching lanes without signaling, and other unsafe driving practices can cause a motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in a motorcycle accident, an attorney can help. The law firm of Proner & Proner provides outstanding representation to motorcycle accident victims nationwide. Contact Proner & Proner today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Motorcycle Accident Victims – An Attorney Can Help
Depending on the circumstances surrounding the motorcycle accident, it can be difficult to obtain damages, given the complexity of personal injury and motorcycle accident law. The defense will make every effort to avoid liability for the victim’s injuries, especially if the motorist was partially at fault for the accident. Hiring an experienced motorcycle accident attorney is the best way to make sure that your rights are protected.
Proner & Proner provides a range of services for motorcycle accident victims. From the moment you contact our firm to schedule a free case review to the moment your case is settled, you can expect to be treated with compassion and respect by dedicated, experienced legal professionals. Our services include:
- Accident Investigation and Reconstruction
- Our attorneys are experienced in motorcycle accident investigation and reconstruction. Motorcycle accidents happen in the blink of an eye, and it is usually difficult, if not impossible, for victims (and witnesses) to remember the details of the accident. Therefore, it is usually necessary to reconstruct the accident in order to obtain all of the evidence and prove fault in the accident.
- Outstanding Legal Representation
Our firm is dedicated to protecting our clients’ legal rights after a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys, Mitchell Proner and A. Stanley Proner, have 50 years of combined experience representing motorcycle accident victims. Our track record of success is evident in the numerous verdicts and settlements we have achieved over the years. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, entrust your case to our outstanding team.
Contact Proner & Proner
Our firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of motorcycle accident victims. If you have suffered a personal injury in a motorcycle accident, contact Proner & Proner to schedule a case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Serving the entire United States, we will work diligently to bring your case to a favorable conclusion.