Defective Tires Lawyer in New York City
Tire Defect Attorneys Representing Victims of NY Auto Accidents
If you or someone you love has been injured in an automobile accident as a result of a tire defect, you have legal rights. Tire manufacturers are legally obligated to ensure that the products they design, manufacture, and sell are reasonably safe for their intended use and don’t pose an unreasonable risk to the consumer. If a tire defect causes a serious injury or fatality, the manufacturer or designer of the tire may be held liable for damages.
Our tire defect attorneys in New York City can provide you with sound legal counsel and diligent representation if you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a tire blowout resulting from a manufacturing defect. We urge you to schedule a free consultation with our New York City car accident attorneys today to learn more about your legal rights and options. Contact Proner & Proner now and a representative from our personal injury law firm will get in touch with you regarding your case shortly.
The Risk Posed by Tire Defects
Tires which are designed or manufactured poorly can pose a significant risk not only to motorists who use those tires but to other motorists as well. A tire defect can result in a sudden lack of air pressure or explosive blowout while driving, both of which can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle. Vehicles with higher centers of gravity, such as sport utility vehicles (SUVs), are particularly susceptible to the effects of tire failures. Defective tires can easily result in SUV rollover accidents, as the weight and size of SUVs makes them extremely difficult to control in such an event.
At Proner & Proner, our New York City tire defect attorneys can help if you or someone you love has been injured in an accident caused by a faulty tire. Whether you were injured in an SUV rollover accident or you lost control of your passenger car and were involved in a collision with another car or with a large truck, you have legal rights. You can rest assured that our NY car accident attorneys will carefully review your case and advise you of your options. You may be eligible to file a civil claim against the manufacturer or designer of the tire for damages. We can help ensure that your rights are protected.
New York Product Liability Cases
In most product liability cases, negligence on the defendant’s part does not need to be proven. If it can be conclusively shown that a product was defective, and that as a result of that defect an auto accident occurred, the responsible parties can be held liable for damages. For product liability claims, our tire defect attorneys in New York typically develop their cases around one of the three following types of product defects:
- Design Defect – A product or component that is inherently unsafe, even when manufactured to appropriate standards, may be considered a defective design. In such instances, the designer of the product can be held accountable for any injuries or deaths that occur due to the product defect.
- Manufacturing Defect – A product or component that has sound design can suffer potentially dangerous defects as a result of the manufacturing process. If the manufacturer changes the design of the product or uses materials other than those called for by the designer to aid in the manufacturing process, it can have adverse effects on the product’s usability and safety.
- Failure to Warn – If a designer or manufacturer fails to warn consumers about the potential risks and hazards associated with the use of a product, it may be possible to hold the responsible party liable for damages. In the case of a tire, for example, the designer or manufacturer is responsible for warning the consumer of the dangers of under- or over-inflating the tire.
At Proner & Proner, our team of car accident attorneys can file a personal injury claim on your behalf if you or someone you love was injured as a result of a defective tire. To ensure the protection of your legal rights, our tire defect attorneys urge you to contact our New York City-based law firm today.
Compensation in a New York City Product Liability Case
Though it is impossible to determine the amount of compensation you may be eligible to obtain without first thoroughly reviewing the circumstances surrounding your case, plaintiffs in product liability cases can typically file claims to recover the following:
- Medical expenses (including future medical costs)
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Loss of wages (including future wages)
- Inhibited earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
In the event of a wrongful death, the family of the victim may also be eligible to obtain compensation for funerary costs and loss of consortium. If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of a defective tire and is seeking legal counsel, our Manhattan car accident lawyers can help. We can advise you of your rights and will work tirelessly to help you obtain the financial compensation that you deserve.
Contact Our Knowledgeable NYC Tire Defect Attorneys to Discuss Your Car Accident Case
At Proner & Proner, we are intimately familiar with product liability law and we can provide you with aggressive legal representation if you or someone you love has suffered injury as a result of a defective tire. For individuals seeking tire defect attorneys in Manhattan or anywhere in New York, our attorneys have the experience and knowledge needed to help. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our car accident lawyers, contact our law firm today.