Proner and Proner 2017 Scholarship Fund Contest is Now OPEN!
Congratulations To Our 2016 Scholarship Winner: Steven Weiser
Scholarship Eligibility and Rules
A scholarship from the Proner and Proner Scholarship Fund will be awarded on a per-semester basis. It will be automatically renewed for the second semester upon the showing of good academic standing by the recipient. The total amount of the scholarship will be $1,000 and will be awarded in two segments each year.
Method of Awarding the Scholarship:
The trustees will mail the scholarship check directly to the college, university, or law school for distribution. Scholarship monies are to be used for tuition purposes only.
Any student in good standing who will be attending an accredited two year or four-year college or university as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior, or who will be attending an accredited law school as a first , second or third year law student and who is either;
- Interested in attending law school or,
- Has a general interest in legal issues, justice or consumer affairs;
- Has an interest in legal issues and human rights is eligible for a scholarship.
Qualified applicants also must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
Qualifications to Be Considered:
The recipient of the scholarship must write an essay about the most influential person in their life and why, must show financial need, show scholastic achievement, maintain full-time student status, and be an individual of high character and integrity. The scholarship will be awarded without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or religion.
What Voids the Scholarship:
The scholarship will be voided on the basis of expulsion or dismissal from school or discontinuance of the education process for more than 12 consecutive months. The scholarship may also be voided if the student does not maintain full-time student status or his/her GPA drops by more than 1 point. Also, the trustees reserve the right to withdraw the scholarship at their discretion.
Procedures for Awarding the Scholarship:
The scholarship application will close at midnight ET on June 30, 2017.
A potential candidate for a scholarship must:
- Submit an essay between 300 – 500 words.
- Submit a complete online application here: www.prolaw1.com/scholarship.
- Send Proner and Proner a course schedule (if available) for the upcoming term.
- Provide the name, department, address and telephone number of the person at the college or university to which the scholarship check should be sent for disbursement
- NOTE: The scholarship will not be awarded until the initial application is received and all required paperwork is submitted, including most recent official transcripts and a fall semester schedule.
- The scholarship is paid in two parts-one payment for the fall semester and one for the spring semester. The spring semester payment will not be issued until Proner and Proner receives the official transcripts for the fall semester.
Mail Official Transcripts to:
Proner and Proner, Attorneys at Law
60 East 42nd St. Suite 1448, NY,NY 10165
Attention Scholarship Fund
Announcement of Winners:
Scholarship award winners will be posted to this Web site by 12 p.m. ET, July 31, 2017.